Saturday 21 August 2010

6576_Hummingbird Moth

Ive been in Jersey for a few days holiday, managed a couple of macro sessions, one of the days I ambled across a Buddleja tree which was full of bees and a few butterflys, concentrating hard trying to get beyond 1:1 with my mpe and a Red Admiral, when from nowhere a hummingbird moth appeared, darting from flower to flower, having seen these only in books my heart began to race at the prospect of a picture, then per chance it darted within photo distance and within seconds a shot was taken and the moth was gone. the excitement was over, a nervous flick of a button revealed the capture shown below, not a perfect picture by any means, but I wanted to portray the feeling both of joy and frustration of macro, there were many failed butterfly shots from that same day but for this one time, a one chance shot I managed to get a picture of this stunning moth

No comments:

Post a Comment